Sunday, March 31, 2013

"Happy Holidays"

Growing up, I have noticed that my schools have always taken off for certain holidays. I have mostly gone to schools with no religious affiliation. That being said, I still do not understand why I was not in school. The reason for this is because when Jewish, Muslim, and other holidays came around, I was still in school. I have not researched why I was in school for those holidays and out for Good Friday, Easter, and Christmas yet, but i will. When I was enrolled at schools with a religious affiliations, I understood. At a public school, with many ethnicities, nationalities, and denominations, I wanted a day off for every holiday. I am not saying this because I do not want to go to school; I am saying this because I respect everyone. When there are holidays that are affiliated with religions other that Christianity, more than 25% of the school is absent. That is a substantial amount of students, and sometimes teachers, missing. This is something that I still need to research more, but I also believe that it is something that needs a magnifying glass to see clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment